As part of the ECUSA Seminar Series, and in collaboration with the NASA and ECUSA (the Spanish Scientists Association in the US), the Cultural Office of the Embassy of Spain in the USA hosted the event ‘A New Era in Astronomy: The James Webb Space Telescope Celebrates Science.’ The event featured an expert panel discussion on the James Webb Space Telescope’s scientific significance, potential and the impact it will have on the field of astronomy.
The audience had the opportunity to listen to:
• Mark Clampin, Astrophysics Division Director in the Science Mission Directorate at NASA Headquarters in Washington, D.C.
• Begoña Vila, JWST Systems Engineering Lead at NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Maryland
• Macarena Marin, JWST Project Scientist at Space Telescope Science Institute in Baltimore, Maryland; Astronomer at the European Space Agency
• José María Diego, Spanish National Research Council (CSIC) Cosmologist and Astrophysicist at the University of Cantabria
• Moderator: Natalia Larrea-Brito, Euroconsult
We are grateful to NASA and to the Cultural Office of the Embassy of Spain in the USA for organizing and hosting this amazing event for the American and Spanish Scientifics communities and friends.